Communication is probably one of the most important things in a relationship, the sad truth is most of us are not very good with it. We get all caught up with what is going on with us and end up saying the wrong things, we just do not know how to talk to a lover using the wrong tone with the worst body language.
Sometimes we are unable to put into words what we truly feel inside, so here are some things you can use with the one you love and see if it works, we think it will, just remember practice makes perfect.
1. In the film “As Good As It Gets,” Jack Nicholson said to Helen Hunt, “I’m a better man when I’m with you,” I remembered when I heard this my heart just skipped a beat, I am sure any woman on the planet would love to hear this from her man and of course ladies for you the same. It is sad when we choose someone for a partner, they expose their heart to us and we step on it. Never deliberate when that happens, however the mind will say to you, I am not happy as this person is not meeting all my expectations… that will never happen in this life or the next, so be positive and make the best of today.
2. Never be afraid to open your heart to the person that you are with, let them know, “I fell in love with you because…” and just go with it.
3. Listen to your love one stories, make a note and one day remind them of a story they once told you and how it impacted your life. How to talk to a lover is more than talking, it is about learning how to listen.
4. Couples without children can use this approach, to let your love know that they would make an excellent parent is one of the greatest compliment you can give a person, especially if they love kids. What if they do not love kids and you do? Maybe you should not be in an intimate relationship looking forward to marriage. How to talk to a lover is not about getting to know a lover, it is about knowing what to say after you have decided this is who you want to be your lover.
5. “You’re the one” may be the most romantic and declarative statement you can make to the person you love. Short and sweet, but it covers all the bases.
6. When you tell your love, “I love you”, do not just leave it at that, ensure that you follow-up with “because” and say something that you observe with your love, this will go a far way, they can actually visualize areas about them that you appreciate.
7. The worst thing you could ever do is tell your partner that you may have made a mistake, that you are with them just because you cannot be bothered in starting over again, even if you think it, never say it unless your mind is made up to leave, always remind your partner that if you had the chance to do it again, it would be them, if you cannot say this, he/she may not be the one.
8. There are times when you will be hurt by things your partner says and does, however after every intense conversation, remind them that your love is unconditional. We do have the tendency to say, if you continue doing this I am done! Guilty as charged, lesson learn and move on.
9. When you find yourself having a deeply moving experience with your lover, say to him or her, “No matter what happens in my life, I will always cherish you and remember this amazing time we’re having together.” It will create a great memory for both of you. When you are holding on knowing that a mistake can destroy the relationship, we are not honest with each other, there is nothing more appealing than sharing your fears and idioms with someone who loves you, woooiiii.
10. “I look forward to seeing you again” affirms the relationship, the way you leave each other each time you are together set the mood for the next.
How to talk to a lover
Honest and sincere communication often comes when we are feeling a bit vulnerable, and that is one of the most precious gifts you can give to your mate. With luck, you will grow old together. Sharing your life with someone you truly love, and with whom you can really talk to, is a true blessing.